Red Thread is happy to welcome you home. We’re a Detroit-based publication serving a readership of young, Jewish engagers who are interested in the issues that relate to our generation.
Our team of clever writers work hard to offer up an endless, albeit virtual, Sunday brunch of community and economic news, reviews, events listings and perspectives that will make you plotz.
Red Thread is a sister publication of the Detroit Jewish News and owned by Jewish Renaissance Media. We are supported by advertising (and tacitly encouraged by He Who Has No Name).
Writing for Red Thread
Red Thread welcomes submissions from freelance writers. Please submit your pitch — including a description of what you’d like to write, a thumbnail biography, links to previously published stories, and, if necessary, a short writing sample — to the editor. Please be familiar with the magazine and indicate what section you believe your piece would fit best in.
- President/Publisher: Arthur M. Horwitz
- Chief Operating Officer: F. Kevin Browett
- Managing Editor: Jackie Headapohl
- Creative Director: Deborah Schultz
- Circulation Supervisor: Zena Davis
- Customer Service Assistant: Jan Shain
- Sales Director: Keith Farber
- Sales Assistant: Kim Metzger
- Account Exectutives: Ann G. Abrams, Jan Haskell,
Melissa Litvin, Heidi Martin, Rick Nessel
- Executive Editor: Gail Zimmerman
- Contributing Editor: Keri Guten Cohen
- Senior Copy Editor: David Sachs
Production by Farago
- Manager: Scott Drzewiecki
- Designers: Jeffrey Meyer, Pam Sherevan, Michelle Sheridan